The Japan-based multinational, Sony Mobile has announced the launch of the new Xperia L2, Xperia XA2, and Xperia XA2 Ultra, and at CES 2018. The Xperia L2 will succeed the Xperia L1 from last year. The launch took place shortly after the three smartphones were leaked. The highlight of the smartphone is its super wide-angle selfie camera.
The latest entry-level offering from Sony, The Xperia L2 will be available in Black, Gold, and Pink color variants. The handset will be available starting late January, in single and dual-SIM variants depending on the market. In India, we can expect the dual-SIM variant to be launched. There is no update on the pricing of the smartphone.
Sony Xperia L2 specifications and features
- The Sony Xperia L2 is a dual-SIM (Nano) smartphone that runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box.
- The smartphone sports a 5.5-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) display with Image Enhance Technology and Gorilla Glass protection.
- It is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737T processor, coupled with 3GB of RAM.
- The Xperia L2 features a 13-megapixel rear sensor with an aperture of f/2.0.
- There is also an 8-megapixel 120-degree wide angle front sensor – with a f/2.4 aperture – for selfies and video calling.
- The phone has an inbuilt storage of 32GB expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB).
- The Xperia L2 includes options like 4G, Wi-Fi, GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, fingerprint sensor, Wi-Fi, NFC, and FM radio.
- The dimensions of the handset are 150x78x9.8mm and the weight is 178 grams.
- Powering the internals is a 3300mAh battery under the hood.
- The battery is equipped with Qnovo Adaptive Charging, STAMINA mode, and Battery Care.
- The Xperia L2 also comes with applications such as Movie Creator, AR Effect, and Xperia Lounge.
- The smartphone has features including Clear Audio+ and Clear Bass audio output.