OnePlus’ 2016 flagship devices, the 3 and 3T, are getting the latest Android update all because of the Open Beta program.
Following is the update changelog:
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated security patch to September
- Added notification dots
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
Known issues of the first Android O Beta
- Fingerprint unlock may be a bit slow in some situations
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Stability of NFC and Bluetooth need to be improved
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will be optimized continuously
- Complete device tree will be released after a week
The OnePlus Music app has been removed from this build.
- If you want to install it back, please download the apk file from here: https://we.tl/VnNViD6N2j
It brings updates like picture-in-picture, auto-fill, and smart text selection. The stock launcher also features notification dots now. However, with this being a beta build, there are some things to watch out for.