The Chinese telecom giant Huawei’s sub-brand Honor recently launched its bezel-less HonorView 10 smartphone with an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled chipset — the first from Honor.
The company carries the pride of the powerful Kirin 970 chipset which includes a Neural-Network Processing Unit (NPU), placed at the heart of Honor View 10’s extreme performance.
It essentially powers a series of latest AI applications which recognize different scenes when taking photos, translates different languages in real-time even without an Internet connection and understand user’s behaviors and optimises the phone’s performance.
The latest Kirin 970 houses an octa-core ARM Cortex CPU and a Mali-G72 12-core GPU. Honor View 10 has a special ‘Gaming Suite’ which significantly enhances the performance of mobile games. The company has collaborated with leading game developers to optimise games for Honor View 10.
- The device features AI-powered “Real-Time Scene” and “Object Recognition” technology.
- AI-accelerated Microsoft Translator software delivers instantaneous translation without you needing to be online.
- New Kirin 970’s powerful NPU claims to make translation more than 500 percent faster than other smartphones running the same app.
Honor SuperCharge claims to charge the battery to 50 percent in just 30 minutes while operating at a low temperature and voltage.
- The 3,750mAh battery and Honor SuperCharge technology make Honor View 10 ideal for gamers and heavy users.
- Honor View 10 is equipped with a high-definition 16MP + 20MP dual-lens camera with F/1.8 wide aperture and 2-in-1 PDAF automatic focusing, enabling users to take professional photos.
- The device supports storage expansion up to 256GB via microSD
The newbie phone will cost around $470.