The South Korean tech giant, Samsung Electronics has recently announced the launch of its all-new Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018), ahead of CES 2018. The new laptop will retain the 360-degree rotating touchscreen from the first generation. The new features include Active Pen, and fingerprint security via Windows Hello. The notebook houses Windows 10. It will be displayed at CES 2018 and be made available across select countries (including the US) in Q1 2018. There is no update on the pricing of the hybrid laptop.
The Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) is essentially the next-gen variant of the original notebook launched back in 2016. Apart from retaining some features like a 360-degree rotating touchscreen and a similar design, it also includes newer additions like a Windows Hello-compatible fingerprint sensor, Active Pen-enabled UI for taking notes or making sketches, Studio Plus, and a single 13.3-inch model. The laptop has been equipped with Voice Note that features a far field microphone to record conversations, meetings. The recordings can then be stored in Samsung Cloud for future access.
- The Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) sports a 13.3-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) PLS display.
- The notebook has an A/C metal body and comes equipped with an 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, coupled with 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD drive.
- Powering the internals is a 43Wh battery under the hood.
- The dimensions of this hybrid are 315.8×215.4×18.5mm and its weight is 1.53 kg.
- It has a USB Type-C port, one USB 3.0 port, one USB 2.0 port, a microphone, and an HDMI port.
- The backlit keyboard includes features like a 1.5mm keystroke, curved keycap, and a Precision Touchpad.
- There is a VGA front camera for video calling.
- Security features on the Notebook 7 Spin (2018) include a Windows Hello-based fingerprint sensor and a privacy folder.
- The Samsung Notebook 9 Pen was recently announced by the South Korean giant. This notebook sports an all-metal aluminum chassis and comes with a battery-free S Pen.
According to the Senior Vice President of the PC Business Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics, Mr. YoungGyoo Choi, “Our customers wanted a functional, intuitive device that includes a wide range of their favorite features, and that’s what we’ve delivered with the Notebook 7 Spin (2018). This device meets the needs of today’s digital lifestyle, combining work and play with a smart, seamless and personalized experience that connects users with their other devices.”