While there are many apple users around the world, a very few users have gotten around to owning an apple domain in their email address used for making their Apple ID.
Previously, an apple ID created with a third party email address could not be changed to Apple email accounts. However, Apple has finally updated its support document to resolve this issue and step up their game.
This is a great thing for users who have made their Apple ID with a Gmail or Outlook account which are now not functioning as they have joined Apple ecosystem.
Here is how you can switch to an actual Apple ID domain from a third party email address.
If your Apple ID is a third-party email address, before you change your Apple ID email address, you need to sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID.
Also, if you think you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in to your Apple ID on just that device. It’s recommended that you use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to do so.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
- Next tap Edit, then delete your current Apple ID.
- Tap Continue. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
- Tap Next.
- Use your Apple ID account page
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- In the Account section, click Edit.
- Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID.
- Enter the Apple ID you want to use.
- Click Continue.