Once again Microsoft taught Apple what a modern laptop should be. Microsoft all-new Surface Book 2 is beyond good.
Apple always takes the lead when it comes to high-performance laptops. However, on the other hand, the tech giant Microsoft is manufacturing powerhouse laptops specifically for professionals and creative ones.
And the all-new Surface Book 2 is exactly what the MacBook Pro should be, but unfortunately, isn’t.
Here are several ways the Surface Book 2 takes the lead over the high-performer MacBook Pro:
- It’s versatile and can be used in multiple other ways than just as a laptop.
- 8th-generation Intel processors.
- High-performance Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and 1060 discrete graphics options
- Up to 17 hours of battery life (10 hours is no longer enough)
- Multi-touch, Surface Pen, and Surface Dial on-screen support
- A full array of ports, including USB-A, USB-C, and full-size SD card reader, so no need for dongles.
The issue with Apple is that it’s tried to convert people from laptops to the iPad or iPad Pro, while still keeping MacBook and MacBook Pro lineups alive with boring updates.
Apple has forgotten its focus. The company is now following the mainstream market and is busy in gaining maximum profit margins.
This is why we ended up with the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar instead of something more like the Surface Book 2.