Nokia has launched its all new Nokia 7 on Thursday. The Android-based smartphone has been launched by HMD Global, the company that owns the rights to use Nokia branding on mobile phones and tablets. The new Nokia 7 is a mid-range smartphone, positioned between the budget Nokia 6 and premium Nokia 8 smartphones.
The Nokia 7 will be initially available in China with a starting price of $377 (Rs 40,000 approximately).
Notably, the Nokia 7 is also the company’s debutant smartphone to sport a glass back. According to HMD Global, the Nokia 7 has “vacuum moulded” Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the rear whereas the side edges are built with 7000 series aluminium. It comes with IP54 certification for water and dust resistance.
Specifications and features
- Nokia 7 sports a 5.2-inch full HD IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- It phone runs Android Nougat and is promised to be upgraded to Android Oreo as well.
- The smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor coupled with 4GB/6GB RAM.
- It comes with 64GB built-in storage and supports expandable storage via a microSD card.
- The newbie phone also borrows Nokia 8’s ‘Bothie’ feature which allows users to shoot videos or photos from the rear and front cameras simultaneously. The feature also lets users combine the images taken from rear and front cameras into one single image.
- The smartphone has 16-megapixel rear camera with 1.12um pixels and a f/1.8 aperture. For selfies, it has a 5-megapixel camera with 1.4um pixels, 84-degree field-of-view and a f/2.0 aperture.
- Talking about connectivity options, the phone includes Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack and NFC.
- It is powered by a 3,000mAh battery.
- The smartphone also houses a fingerprint reader which is located on the back.
- One of the most significant features of the Nokia 7 is the company’s propriety OZO audio technology for an immersive sound experience.
The base model of the Nokia 7 is priced at $377 (Rs 40,000 approximately) whereas the top-end variant with 6GB of RAM is available for $407 (Rs 43,000 approximately. HMD Global is offering the Nokia 7 in two colour options, Gloss Black and Matt White.
However, there is no word on the availability of the smartphone in other countries other than China so far.