Get resolved with your privacy issues already.
Facebook, the most popular and influencing online social network, following its life aim of providing its users with amazing features, recently launched the new ‘facial recognition’ feature in Pakistan.
In December it was first announced by the company and now is active in Pakistan. This new feature works using the same AI tech that suggests friend on Facebook.
This facial recognition feature will save your life from the hustle of tagging on photos. It will notify users when their pictures have been uploaded by anyone anywhere on Facebook. You can also see ‘visual impairments’ if any other similar page appears in your picture/video.
Facebook initiated the feature as a step to raise precautionary security measures to cater ever increasing fake profiles and stolen images. Moreover, the feature can also with restricting hackers from downloading display pictures from users’ profiles.
How to enable/disable this feature:
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Facebook mobile app/desktop
- Click on ‘More’ setting or ‘Advanced’ setting
- Tap on ‘Privacy Shortcuts’
- Then go to ‘More Settings’
- Choose ‘Facial Recognition’
- The option will appear ‘Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?’
- Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ according to your choice