The researchers from France just discovered the link between the deadly-disease and food meant to be loved.
According to their survey and study, 105,000 showed that the greater intake of such food causes a higher risk of cancer.
According to BBC News’ report, following things are considered as ‘ultra-processed’:
- Mass-produced packaged bread and buns
- Sweet or savoury packaged snacks including crisps
- Chocolate bars and sweets
- Sodas and sweetened drinks
- Meatballs, poultry and fish nuggets
- Instant noodles and soups
- Frozen or shelf-life ready meals
- Foods made mostly or entirely of sugar, oils and fats
Even though the report is being doubted but researchers urge that the healthy diet is the only factor the risk of cancer.
On the other hand, the over-weight factor is strengthening the report. Being overweight is the biggest preventable cause of the disease after smoking and the World Health Organization says processed meat does slightly increase the risk of cancer.
The recent surge is alarming, but the real question is, how many fast-food owners will allow this news to make a difference?
Although this doesn’t mean that ultra-processed food is the only factor behind the cause of cancer but the statics are still alarming.